Elementary Parent Pick Up Procedure
Dear Calhan Families:
Please follow the procedure outlined below for picking up your child/ren after school:
- All parent pick up students in grades k-5 will be dismissed @3:55 and escorted by classroom teachers to the dismissal gate on the north side of the playground.
- Students will be released to approved individuals listed on their emergency form.
- To verify who has been designated as an approved individual to pick up your child/ren, please contact the front office at 719-347-2766.
- Students will be grouped by family and will line on the basketball court.
- If you would like to pick up a middle or high school sibling along with your elementary child/ren in the elementary parent pick up line, instruct them to simply join their elementary sibling/s in line at the dismissal gate after 4:00 PM. Please be sure to join the pick up line late enough to allow your older children time to reach the dismissal gate.
Car Line Procedures:
- Please be sure to enter the pick up line headed east on 8th street. This will be a single line of vehicles at all times.
- Vehicles are welcome to enter the pick up line no earlier than 3:50 PM and no later than 4:10 PM. THE PICK UP LINE WILL CLOSE PROMPTLY AT 4:10; AFTER THIS TIME, YOUR CHILD WILL HAVE TO BE PICKED UP AT THE FRONT OFFICE.
- For safety reasons, students will enter vehicles on the passenger side of all vehicles.
- Vehicles must exit the pick up line and head east on 8th street.
- While in the pick up line, please be sure to keep your vehicle between the sidewalk and orange cones. Do not leave your vehicle unattended.
- Vehicles will be directed to exit the pick up line once students are safely loaded into the designated vehicle. Please follow teacher directed signals to exit the pick up line.
For morning drop off, rather than the high school parking lot,
the safest and quickest option is to drop students off:
- at the horseshoe entrance off of Bulldog Drive with the crossing guard
- at the dismissal gate on the north side of the elementary playground
- at the gate on the northeast side of the playground (see map)
Thank you for your cooperation as we strive to keep all of our students safe. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 719-347-2766 ext. 410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.